Time to Repower?
When considering whether to re-power your vessel, EXPERIENCE is the first critical ingredient to seek. Dutch Wharf’s mechanical and electrical craftsmen each have over 25 years of hands-on experience involving all aspects of engine replacement. The yard averages four to five re-powers per year.
Four boats repowered with Beta engines during 2011/2012 season:
- Catalina 30
- Tartan 34 (2)
Beginning with assistance in selecting the appropriate engine for your boat, through sea trials and training, our men are experts at:
- Careful & judicious removal of old engine, retaining serviceable components when possible.
- Cleaning and inspection of engine beds, repair or replacement as required,
- Modification of exhaust (if necessary),
- Thru-hull inspection; repair/ replacement if needed
- Fuel and electrical connections
modified as required
- Install instrument panel and
gauges to accommodate new engine
Your safety and future enjoyment of the boat will be directly proportional to the experience of the re-power crew.
INVESTMENT COST will likely be your second consideration. Dutch Wharf’s rates are among the lowest on the Connecticut coast. We’re happy to provide an estimate.